Who is responsible for Safeguarding at Westdale Junior School?
The Senior Designated Safeguarding Officer is Mr Rob Slater (Head of School ).
His Designated Safeguarding lead is Mrs Sarah James (Class Teacher/SENCO)
The Governor with named responsibility for Safeguarding is Mrs Anne Yates
All school staff have a level of training appropriate to their role.
What is Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children defined as?
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
What is "Child Protection"?
Child protection is a part of safeguarding and promoting welfare. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.
What is "Early Help"?
Westdale Junior School recognises that providing "Early Help" is more effective in promoting the welfare of children than reacting later. "Early Help" means providing support as soon as a problem emerges, at any point in a child’s life.
What do safeguarding staff consider?
When considering concerns raised about a child, the National Assessment Framework is used:
What should I do if I have a concern about a child?
You can speak to any of the staff named at the top of this page.
Alternatively, you can find more information on these links:
- Nottinghamshire County Council: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/care/safeguarding/childrens-mash
- Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children's Board: https://nscp.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/report-a-concern/
- Nottinghamshire Children's Social Care Services: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/care/childrens-social-care/family-services
- Child Line
- Donations for Ukraine
Thank you for your kind Donations (Whole School - 04/03/2022)
- World Book Day
Today was World Book Day and the children absolutely loved dressing up as their favourite characters (Whole School - 03/03/2022)
- Castleton 2022
Photos and news from the Year 4 trip to Castleton (Whole School - 02/02/2022)
- Westdale rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
The report from our recent Ofsted inspection was published today (Whole School - 14/01/2022)
- Merry Christmas Everyone
Our Carol Concert (Whole School - 17/12/2021)