Who is responsible for Safeguarding at Westdale Junior School?
The Senior Designated Safeguarding Officer is Sarah James (Class Teacher/SENCO).
Her Deputy Safeguarding lead is Mrs Celia Smith (Class Teacher/SENCO).
The Governor with named responsibility for Safeguarding is Mrs Anne Yates
All school staff have a level of training appropriate to their role.
What is Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children defined as?
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
What is "Child Protection"?
Child protection is a part of safeguarding and promoting welfare. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.
What is "Early Help"?
Westdale Junior School recognises that providing "Early Help" is more effective in promoting the welfare of children than reacting later. "Early Help" means providing support as soon as a problem emerges, at any point in a child’s life.
What do safeguarding staff consider?
When considering concerns raised about a child, the National Assessment Framework is used:
What should I do if I have a concern about a child?
You can speak to any of the staff named at the top of this page.
Alternatively, you can find more information on these links:
- Nottinghamshire County Council: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/care/safeguarding/childrens-mash
- Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children's Board: https://nscp.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/report-a-concern/
- Nottinghamshire Children's Social Care Services: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/care/childrens-social-care/family-services
- Child Line
- Thank you!
Thank you for this evening! (Year 6 - 04/12/2023)
- National Space Centre Trip
What do you need to know? (Year 5 - 04/12/2023)
- Warning: Elf sighting
Fuji class were visited by Santa's helper (Year 3 - 04/12/2023)
- Polite Reminder!
SATs Information Evening (Year 6 - 01/12/2023)
- SATs Resources have arrived!
Helpful information (Year 6 - 28/11/2023)