Little Red Riding Hood Play Script
Monday 30th March and Tuesday 31st March ( Two days of English work)
1. Read through the play script of Red Riding Hood with a group of people and act it out. Have fun.
2. Look through the play script information with another person. Discuss what features are in a play. e.g. a narrator, stage directions in brackets, dialogue with no speech marks, characters, speakers name on the left, cast list, scenes. Find these features in the play, 'Red Riding Hood.'
Look at 'Analysing the text file' to help you think about these features.
3. Use the play script information file to help you think about how you would write a play script. Look at the example of how the story of Red Riding Hood has been changed into a play script. Look at the layout and how there are no speech marks in the dialogue. Discuss where the stage directions needs to go. Remember they are in brackets. Put the character's names on the left followed by a semi colon.
Look at slide 19.
Complete the sheet at converting the story into a play script.
More News Stories
- Home School Learning documents for week 5- Food- 18.05.20
These printable files support the home school project for week 5- Food- 18.05.20 (15/05/2020)
- Home School Learning documents week 4- 11.05.20-Environment
These printable files support the home school project for week 4- 11.05.20 -Environment (07/05/2020)
- Home School Learning documents- week 3- Animals
These printable files support the home school project for week 3- 04.05.20 (01/05/2020)
- Play scripts
Here's some links to previous news articles on play scripts. (06/04/2020)
- Surayah's brilliant Earthquake proof house and Stonehenge project
A fantastic effort from Surayah for completing her earthquake proof house and Lego Stonehenge. (06/04/2020)
- A little Spanish conversation!
¡Feliz Pascua! (03/04/2020)
- Easter homework fun
Create an Easter egg and solve the mathematical Easter mystery! (02/04/2020)
- Play script reading comprehension
Read through the play of Oliver Twist and answer some comprehension questions. (02/04/2020)
- FREE Audio Books!
Here are some different ways of accessing thousands of free audio books for children and the family. (02/04/2020)
A verb and adverb activity sheet to help you understand what an adverb is. (01/04/2020)